Monday, December 20, 2010

On the Road Again

We have lived in Hendersonville for almost three years now and the time has come for us to move. Change is good for some, but for me it has always been a STRUGGLE. I like a sense of stability especially now that I am a mother. This is where Jamal and I are different and over the past seven years we have been together I know that it is OK for us to be different. But, it is so hard for me to let go of things I have grown a custom to(having everything in a 10mi radius of our house). God has a plan for this family and He wants us to embrace it.

Jamal is the "music minister" at our church, Clarksville Hwy Church of Christ in Joelton. And sadly to say for the first time we are not as active in church as we have been in the past and this is not like us at all. No matter where we worship we have always been involved be it with the young kids, teenagers, or young adults. Now that we are parents it is important that we show our girls what it means to be a servant for God and we have not done a good job of it. Now is the time to start! The girls are old enough to understand the days of the week we should be in worship as well as teaching others about the love of God. I do not want to miss this mark as a parent, but most importantly as a christian and as a child of God.

So, here we go again, on the move! We are tentatively moving to the Joelton/Pleasant View area; however, I would like somewhere in between USN(KB will start Kindy in the fall),church, and I do still love my job at Bluegrass Baptist WEE in Hendersonville. There are many pros and cons to this move, but in the back of my mind I want to stay right where we are in Hendersonville. Close to pretty much everything.....

Friends, please pray for our family that we are doing what is best for all four of us and that it is right in the eyes of the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Brandy!

    I love you guys ... I know if you are seeking to do what's right in the eyes of the Lord and for your family, He will bless you. No worries, Gods got it.

    I'll be praying for you all!

    -Caidy

    ReplyDelete